Tuesday, August 4, 2009

INSANITY - Day 2 - Plyometric Cardio Circuit

Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Plyometric Cardio Circuit 

Since Day 1 was a fitness test, it would be tempting to consider Day 2 the first day of Insanity.  But since the fit test was such a butt kicker, it definately qualified as a MAX Intensity workout. 

Day 2 is the Plyometric Cardio Circuit, and it has you hitting the ground running.  Tons of killer Plyometric moves and intense cardio.  Most of my workout history has been spent avoiding cardio, in the past few years, I have been doing some Turbo Kick Classes, but for the most part, cardio and lower body have been marginalized, asI focused on upper body and weights.

With that in mind, I was really happy with my ability to keep up.  I did take a few seconds to catch my breath from time to time, but  maintained my intensity throughtout.  As I am sure will be a recurring theme of the workouts and my posts, one thing I really like about Insanity is the fact that the moves are simple, any reasonably fit person can accomplish every move.  It is the sheer number, duration and intensity that create the burn, and effectiveness of this workout.

 NO PAUSING - NO STOPPING - JUST PURE INSANITY!!!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...